Picking your wedding photographer can be confusing when you’re not exactly sure what to be looking for. Here’s some common mistakes that couple’s make when choosing their wedding photographer.
1. Only looking at price. Most couples these days are paying for the majority of their wedding and trying to stick to a certain budget. That is completely respectable and understandable! You’re not Beyonce. Though if you were, would you have chose that maternity set up?!…just curious ;) Anyway, the worst thing you can do is hire a photographer solely because they are the cheapest. Imagine how you will feel after the flowers are wilted, the dress is stuck in the back of the closet, and you’re looking at the only thing left; your wedding photos that you don’t like. My advice is to really think about what those images are worth to you and base your budget on that. Then go find the best wedding photographer in your budget that's style speaks to you!
2. Choosing the wrong wedding photography style. Every photographer approaches wedding days differently and it’s SO important that you choose a photographer that can deliver what you want in your images. Whether you choose traditional, high fashion, fine art, or photojournalist style, make sure you choose a photographer that provides that style.
3. Not asking to see a full wedding album. Photographers highlight their best work on their websites so it’s important to ask to see a full album so you can get a better idea of what your complete collection of photos might look like after the wedding.
4. Hiring someone you don't like. It is essential that you get good vibes from your wedding photographer. They will be your shadow for the entire wedding day and the last thing you want is to be annoyed by their presence. A great photographer will be excited to work with you, with attention to detail, confident, and puts you at ease!
5. Not researching who you hire. A quick Google search will show you reviews on various sites that will give you insight on how past brides felt about their photographer. Also, check out their Facebook and Instragam pages to so you can get clues about the photographer's personality and sensibility.
To learn more about how I approach your wedding day and to check availability, contact me below!